Why Recruit ?
GLOBALIZATION: 40% OF UG STUDENTS receive study abroad opportunities in the form of semester overseas, research internships, summer programs, etc., which is three times the average at U.S. universities. 80% OF FACULTY has overseas degree or postdoc experience. 15% OF FACULTY are visiting faculty from India and abroad.
FOUNDATION PROGRAMME: Transformative 5-week immersion program for incoming first-year students focused on creativity, leadership & communication, ethics, social awareness, and physical fitness. The program has been widely lauded and increasingly emulated.
PROJECT ORIENTED LEARNING: Emphasis on learning by doing; 20% coursework in the humanities; core requirements in the life sciences, design and innovation.
CHOICE AND FLEXIBILITY: Options of dual majors, minors, honors; program and course flexibility and range, short courses. Co-curricular opportunities, such as Tinkerer Lab, Makers Space, projects, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Centre, etc.
ADMISSIONS SELECTIVITY: Undergraduate selectivity at all IITs, governed by the JEE, is under 2%. PhD selectivity at IITGN is just 1%
DIVERSITY: 90% OF GRADUATE STUDENTS from out of state, representing 28 states/union terrritories and 5 countries. 85% of undergraduate students from out of state from 26 states and union territories. 34% OF STUDENTS FEMALE 34% of graduate students and 20% of faculty female. 15% OF FACULTY visiting faculty from all over India and abroad. 95% of all faculty from out of state; average distance 1424 kms. 6% of regular and contractual faculty international.
INTERDISCIPLINARITY: 10% OF FACULTY with multi-discipline appointments. 14% OF PhD ADVISORS from outside discipline. 13% OF PUBLICATIONS with interdisciplinary authors. 21% of projects with Principal Investigator/Co-PI from multiple disciplines.
HARD-WIRED INFRASTRUCTURE: Interdisciplinarity hard-wired in academic infrastructure. No department buildings, no heads of departments; physical distribution of faculty offices in interdisciplinary clusters; research infrastructure commonly shared, not monopolized by departments.
STUDENT EMPOWERMENT: IITGN empowers students to pursue their passion with the most liberal branch change policies, flexibility in thecurriculum, leadership, self-governance and exciting extracurricular opportunities.
SELF-GOVERNANCE: Participatory student governance structures in all aspects of Institute affairs, including academic and student life and discipline.
EXPLORER FELLOWSHIP: Six week summer fellowship for students to discover India’s cultural diversity by visiting minimum six states (atleast one each in North, South and Northeast), on a shoestring budget of Rs 900/day for travel, accommodation, food, and other living expenses.
EXTRA CURRICULAR GROWTH: Internships, conferences and study opportunities, nearly 40% overseas; Incubation and Entrepreneurship Centre for student startups; Earn While You Learn Program; Student-managed technology conclave Amalthea, etc
WORKERS WELFARE: Humane housing, safety commitments and health insurance for workers mandated in construction contracts. Financial assistance for medical emergencies and educational support for children of contract workers. IITGN student-run educational program Nyasa for construction worker’s children.
How to recruit ?
When does the recruitment program start at IIT Gandhinagar?
Placement Hiring Season starts from first week of October and Internship Hiring Season starts from Mid August. We encourage recruiters to conduct interview process for full time and internships ( Summer Internship, Winter Internship and More than 3 months Internship ); simultaneously during their visit. Certain pre-placement process (e.g. online tests, PPT) may be conducted before scheduled interview process date
What kind of collaborations do IITGN have?
The Institute has developed strategic partnerships with leading universities, industries and R&D organizations within India and abroad for student and faculty exchanges and research collaborations. The Institute has active exchanges or MoUs with the California Institute of Technology; Ecole Nationale Superriere d’Arts et Metiers, France; ICSTE, Switzerland; Institute Superieur D’Electronique De Paris, France; Instituto Universitario de Lisboa, Portugal; Israel Institute of Technology Haifa; Notre Dame University; SAC-ISRO, Physical Research Laboratory Ahmedabad; Ricoh Corporation, Japan; Underwriters Laboratories, Chicago; University of Saskatchwan, Canada; University of Strathclyde, UK, among others
Brief about Faculty Members at IITGN
IITGN promotes excellence in science and technology, as well as the humanities and social sciences. The Institute only recruits candidates with excellent academic records, demonstrated potential for excellence in research, and broad academic outlooks for faculty positions. More details at: https://www.iitgn.ac.in/faculty
What are the different ways in which a company can hire students from the campus?
- By conducting campus placement drive for the final year students – Full Time hiring
- By recruiting for internship ( Summer Internship, Winter Internship and More than 3 months internship ) & extending Pre Placement Offer to them
How many slots / companies will be there per day during the placement drive?
Typically, upto three companies per day
Is there any fee associated with the process?
From which courses students are available for recruitment, this year?
- B.Tech: Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Science and Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering
- M.Tech: Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Science and Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, Biological Engineering, Earth System Science
- M.Sc: Chemistry, Cognitive Science, Mathematics, Physics
- M.A: Society & Culture
- PhD: Biological, Chemical, Chemistry, Civil, Cognitive Science, Computer Science & Engineering, Earth Sciences, Electrical, Humanities and Social Sciences, Materials Science & Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical, Physics
How to reach the campus?
- By Road: Link for the google map location: goo.gl/yjje0c
- By Train: Nearest railway station is Ahmedabad Junction ( ADI ) – 28 KM – 40-50 minutes drive
- By Air: Nearest airport is Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport ( AMD ) – 24 KM – 30-40 minutes drive
Is there any number / email, we can reach out to in case there are any queries?
Yes, Please call us anytime at +91 7069021641 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What kind of information do the students expect in PPTs?
Brief profile of Organization, Achievements, Employee Strength, CSR Activities, Future growth of an employee, Profile of work, Compensation details & breakup, Retirement benefits etc.
On what basis is the slot allotted to a company for the final placement? Slotting is done subject to the following parameters:
- Student Preferences
- Work profile
- Compensation package
- Career Prospects
- Student Intake
- Past track record
Is there any facility for the accommodation available on the campus?
Yes, Recruitment team can stay at IIT Gandhinagar guest house (Subject to availability).
What are the typical steps in the recruitment process?
The process may contain one or more of these steps:
Pre placement talk - Resume Shortlist – Written/Online Screening Test – Group Discussion – Technical Interview – HR Interview – Offer
What are the infrastructural facilities available on the campus for the placement process?
- GD & Interview rooms,
- Teleconferencing and video conferencing facility,
- Computer lab for online tests,
- Lecture halls,
- Seminar and conference rooms for presentations,
- Fully furnished guest house (subject to availability),
- Pickup & Drop service from Airport & Railway station (subject to availability),
- Round the clock assistance
- Highly motivated and experienced staff to coordinate the whole process.
What is the duration for Internships?
Summer Internship: Students can join from Mid May till last week of July
Winter Internship: First week of December till 25th December
More than Three Months of Internship: Generally an entire semester ( Aug to Nov OR Jan to Apr ), Can be discussed
Where can I get a recruitment guide?
Contact Mr. Saumil Shah (Sr. Executive officer – CDS) on +91 7069021641 or write at email@example.com
Names of some of the past recruiters at IIT Gandhinagar ?
- Aarti Industries Ltd, Aasaanjobs Pvt Ltd, Accenture, Achnet Technologies Inc, Adcuratio, Addverb Technologies, Adobe, ADP Pvt Ltd, Adsom Globaltech, Affine Analytics Private Limited, Alkyl Amines Chemicals Ltd, All On Block Corporation, Amazon, Amnex Infotechnologies Pvt Ltd, Analog Devices India Pvt Ltd, Apttus Software, Arvind Infrastructure, Atkins, Banas Dairy, BANCO PRODUCTS (I) LTD, Barclays, Belcan India Pvt Ltd, Bharat Dynamics Ltd, Bharat Electronics Ltd, Bharat Forge Ltd, Bharat Heavy Electricals, Bharat Light & Power, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd, Bombardier Transportation India Pvt Ltd, Bosch Rexroth (India) Pvt Ltd, Byte Prophecy Pvt Ltd, Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Campus Students Communities Pvt Ltd, Capgemini Technology Services Pvt Ltd, CGI, Chhajed Foods Pvt Ltd, Chola MS Risk Services, Clumio Technologies India LLP, Codenation Solutions LLP, Cogitate Technology Solutions, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Cygnet Infotech Pvt Ltd, D.E. Shaw India Pvt Ltd, Dabur, Dailyhunt, DBS Bank, Deepak Nitrite Limited, Deloitte, Deshpande Foundation, Directi, Diverta Inc, Dolcera ITES(p) Ltd, DRC Systems India Pvt Ltd, Earthkids Humanity Foundation, Easy Pay Pvt Ltd, eClerx Services Ltd, Effectual Services, Endurance International Group, Enphase Solar Energy Pvt Ltd, Etech, Euler Systems Pvt Ltd, ezDI LLP, e-Zest Solution, Feedback Infra Pvt Ltd, Fluidyn Consultancy Pvt Ltd, Force Motors Ltd, Fractal Analytics Pvt Ltd, Futures First Info. Services Pvt Ltd, GAIL (India) Ltd, GCMMF (Amul), General Electric Company, Genstru Consultants, Godrej Industries, Goldman Sachs, Growisto, GSPL, Gujarat International Finance Tec-City Co. Ltd, Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers & Chemicals Ltd, Gujarat Rail Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd, Gujarat State Fertilizer & Chemicals Ltd, Gyan Data Pvt Ltd, HATCH, HDFC, Helium Consulting Pvt Ltd, Hero MotoCorp, Hexagon Capability Center India, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd, HLE Galscoat Limited, HOWE India, HSBC, Hyundai Motor India Ltd, ICU Medical India LLP, iNautix, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd, Indian Railway Institute of Civil Engineering, Indian Space Research Organisation, Infinite Civil Solutions Pvt Ltd, InfoStretch, Innovaccer, Inspired Automation and Future Technologies, Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Intel Technologies India Pvt Ltd, IPAC, ISRO Inertial Systems Unit (IISU) - ISRO, ITC Ltd, iView Labs Pvt Ltd, Jay Chemicals, JK Paper Ltd, John Deere, Johnson Controls-Hitachi Air Conditioning India Ltd, JSW, Jubilant Life Sciences Ltd, KPIT Technologies Pvt Ltd, Kuken Kogyo Co. Ltd., L&T-Sargent & Lundy Ltd, Larsen & Toubro Construction, LARSEN & TOUBRO INFOTECH LIMITED, Larsen & Toubro Ltd, Linde Engineering India Pvt Ltd, Logistixian, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, MAN Trucks India Pvt Ltd, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd, Marvell Semiconductor, Matrix ComSec Pvt Ltd, MedGenome Labs Pvt Ltd, MediaTek, Meditab, MEGA, MIHUP, Mindarray Systems Pvt Ltd (Motadata), Mobikasa, Mojo Networks, Mphasis, Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd, National Fertilizers Ltd, NESSA ILLUMINATION TECHNOLOGIES PVT.LTD, Next Education India Pvt Ltd, Nielsen (India) Pvt Ltd, Nimbkar Agricultural Research Institute, Nutanix Technologies, NXP Semiconductors, Open Door Education, OpsHub Technologies Pvt Ltd, Optimized Solutions Pvt Ltd, Optym India, OYO Rooms, Physical Research Laboratory, Polyplex Corporation Ltd, Pradeep Metals Ltd, ProtoTech Solutions, Publicis.Sapient, Qualitrol, QuessCorp, Quixote, Raam Group, Redpine Signals India Private Limited, Reliance Industries Ltd, Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd, ReMaterials, RKC Infrabult Pvt Ltd, Rsystems International Ltd, S&P Global, Sagar Drugs & Pharmaceuticals, Samsung R&D India, Noida, Sanofi India Ltd, S-Cube, Searce, Shapoorji Pallonji Engineering and Construction, Sigmoid, SiliConch Systems Pvt. Ltd., SIM Advisory, SKAPS Industries India Pvt Ltd, Smartprix, Sophos, SRF Ltd, Starhome Mach, Steel Strips Wheels Ltd, Sterlite Technologies Ltd, Strand Life Sciences, Synopsys, TATA Chemicals Ltd, Tata Consultancy Services, TATA Consulting Engineers Ltd., Tata Motors, Technoforte Software Pvt Ltd, Testbook, Texas Instruments, Thornton Tomasetti, Timetooth Technologies, Tipping Mr. Pink Pvt Ltd, Tonichi Insatsu Co., Ltd, Toppr, Trading Technologies India Pvt Ltd, Tridiagonal Solutions Pvt Ltd, United Health Group, Vassar Labs IT Solutions Pvt Ltd, VE Commercial Vehicles Pvt Ltd, Vijña Labs - The Manipal Group, Walter P Moore, Wipro, Worley, ZS Associates Pvt Ltd
What is the timeline for recruitment process every year ?
CDS approaches Organizations: June onwards
PPT Slots: Mid August onwards
Test Slots: First week of September onwards
Date Allotment to Companies: Mid September onwards
Placement Commences: First Week of October
CDS approaches Organizations: June onwards
Recruitment Process: Mid August onwards
No Placement/Internship Activities due to exams: Last week of September
Discipline wise research areas at IITGN?
- Chemical Engineering: Nanotechnology, Colloids and Interfaces, Chemical Reaction Engineering, Separation Processes, Polymers, Process Control
- Civil Engineering: Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering and Water-Resources Engineering
- Electrical Engineering: Microelectronics, Signal Processing, Fiber Optics, Power Systems, Control Systems, Electrical Machines, VLSI Design, Biomedical Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering: Metallurgy, Nanomaterials, Biomaterials
- Mechanical Engineering: Thermal Science and Engineering, Dynamics and Control, Solid Mechanics
What we have
Programmes / Courses Offered:
7. B.Tech – M.Tech Dual Degree
8. B.Tech – M.Sc. Dual Degree
9. Non - Degree
Disciplines in each Programmes:
1) B.Tech in Chemical Engineering
2) B.Tech in Civil Engineering
3) B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
4) B.Tech in Electrical Engineering
5) B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
6) B.Tech in Materials Science & Engineering
7) M.Tech in Biological Engineering
8) M.Tech in Chemical Engineering
9) M.Tech in Civil Engineering
10) M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
11) M.Tech in Earth System Science
12) M.Tech in Electrical Engineering
13) M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
14) M.Tech in Materials Science & Engineering
15) PGDIIT in Biological Engineering
16) PGDIIT in Chemical Engineering
17) PGDIIT in Civil Engineering
18) PGDIIT in Computer Science & Engineering
19) PGDIIT in Earth Science
20) PGDIIT in Electrical Engineering
21) PGDIIT in Mechanical Engineering
22) PGDIIT in Materials Science & Engineering
23) M.Sc. in Physics
24) M.Sc. in Chemistry
25) M.Sc. in Mathematics
26) M.Sc. in Cognitive Science
27) M.A. in Society and Culture
28) Ph.D. in Biological Engineering
29) Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering
30) Ph.D. in Civil Engineering
31) Ph.D. in Computer Science & Engineering
32) Ph.D. in Earth Science
33) Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering
34) Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering
35) Ph.D. in Materials Science & Engineering
36) Ph.D. in Physics
37) Ph.D. in Chemistry
38) Ph.D. in Mathematics
39) Ph.D. in Cognitive Science
40) Ph.D. in Humanities and Social Sciences
41) B.Tech – M.Tech Dual Degree
42) B.Tech – M.Sc. Dual Degree
Calendar for the Recruitment Process at IIT Gandhinagar
CDS approaches Organizations: 15th June 2023 onwards
PPT Slots: 26th August 2023 Onwards
Test Slots: 26th August 2023 Onwards
Date Allotment to Companies: Mid September 2023 onwards
Placement Commences: 25th September 2023 onwards
CDS approaches Organizations: 15th June 2023 onwards
PPT Slots: 10th July 2023 Onwards
Test Slots: 10th July 2023 Onwards
Date Allotment to Companies: Last week of July 2023 onwards
Placement Commences: 3rd August 2023 onwards
Demography for this year